In episode 21 of the Pop Culture Coram Deo Podcast, we engage Pixar’s latest, The Incredibles 2. It’s a fun movie that’s worth your money, but there are a few conscience warnings to consider before taking your family. We answer several questions in this episode:
1. What conscience issues does this movie present?
2. Is the movie pro-Egalitarian or anti-Egalitarian (Jeff and I disagree here)?
3. Is it just to hold future generations accountable for what previous generations did?
4. Does the movie exalt one gender over the other (Jeff and I disagree here)?
5. What is good, true, and praise-worthy?
6. How does the movie present the idol of uniqueness and using these gifts in service to others?
7. How is Christ being the most unique, most wonderful servant better than our own uniqueness and service?
8. And how is the fact that Christ is better than us, what is best for us?
I would love to hear your thoughts about the movie and this episode.
If you would like to discuss movies and help us think through engaging them with the gospel, join our Facebook Group: The Pop Culture Coram Deo Perpetual After Party.