In episode 22 on the Pop Culture Coram Deo Podcast, we engage the latest dino-universe movie: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. This movie universe has a special place in our hearts (mine and Jeff) because we are nostalgic for the original Jurassic Park and all sequels that follow. We both wanted to be paleontologists when we were kids, especially Jeff! So, when we first saw dinosaurs come alive on the big-screen it made a life-long impression on us. Tie this nostalgia into our Christian identity, and us being in awe of dinosaurs helps us to be in even greater awe of the Maker of dinosaurs–God. We wrestle with several questions in this episode:
1. What is Naturalism, and is it a religion?
2. Is the worldview presented in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom livable?
3. What is true, good, and beautiful in this movie?
4. Why is the Christian worldview infinitely better than the naturalistic worldview?
5. How is God a better Father, a more loving Father than nature?
6. How is Christ a better Savior, a more loving Savior than nature?
I would love to hear your thoughts about this movie and this episode. If you would like to discuss movies and help us think through engaging them with the gospel, join our Facebook Group: The Pop Culture Coram Deo Perpetual After Party.